Inspired with the Ideology of Maa-saroda, We –some benevolent people have been involved and engaged in doing welfare to the poor Women and young girl in Sundarban area since 2009 by giving them various training such as food processing, nursery management e.t.c.
Trained, They have became economically self –reliant and self dependent .As we have became successful for doing welfare to some poor women and girl we have decided to set up a Multi Purpose Training institute at Sundarban area for training poor women and girl with-out fees so that they can earn their bread but we are financially very weak .So we earnestly request the kind hearted people or any Institution who are fond of doing well our society to donate us, so that we can establish our Institution and materialize our dream project. `
We have been able to introduce various types of activities for social welfare, creating awareness, actions programmes, training, seminars, discussion and cultural events etc. We also undertake activities like cloths distribution, Book Donation, Relief work and medicine distribution, Anti drugs campaign, free coaching centre, handicraft development, women empowerment, cultural and sports events, water and air pollution awareness campaign and plantation etc
Details of similar projects ongoing/completed by the organization/agency in previous three years
The activities undertaken during the past three years are:
1. Cloth Distribution:-According to economics census, more than 60% peoples are very poor of Sandeshkhali area. They have not enough cloths to wear. The economical pictures of ST peoples of Sandeshali area are so poor that they cannot take quality food in one time in a day properly. We distributed some cloths among the 250 poor villagers of ST area of Bermajur .And we are trying to distribute cloths and quality food packets to poor.
Pic1: Cloth distribution camp
2. Book Donation:-Students of Sandeshkhali area are very poor. Due to poverty they cannot parches their text books fully. We are unable to help to all the poor students of this area due to our financial problem. But we donate some books among the poor students of Bermajur area of Sandeshkhali-II Block, and we are trying to reach to all the poor students of Sandeshkhali area for the better support for education.
3. RELIEF WORK & Medicine Distribution: - Due to heavy rain fall, the large area of Swarupnagar became under water. The people of this are became homeless and they took shelter in nearest flood shelter or school. Lots of people come to us with fungal infections from walking in water for long. They were suffering from fever and some of them have diarrhea as well etc. Our volunteers reached there and distributed 500 packets of dry food including biscuits,sugar,muri,chira,babay food ,cake ,candle, e.t.c. and we also distributed some medicine like saline packets ,disprins,e.t.c. and arranged FIRST AID camp to treat the injured people.
Pic 2 Beneficiaries at the Relief and medicine distribution camp
4. ANTI DRUG CAMPAIGN: - Drugs are chemicals. Different drugs, because of their chemical structures, can affect the body in different ways. In fact, some drugs can even change a person's body and brain in ways that last long after the person has stopped taking drugs, maybe even permanently. Depending on the drug, it can enter the human body in a number of ways, including injection, inhalation, and ingestion. The method of how it enters the body impacts on how the drug affects the person. For example: injection takes the drug directly into the blood stream, providing more immediate effects; while ingestion requires the drug to pass through the digestive system, delaying the effects. Most abused drugs directly or indirectly target the brain's reward system by flooding the circuit with dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter present in regions of the brain that regulate movement, emotion, cognition, motivation, and feelings of pleasure. When drugs enter the brain, they can actually change how the brain performs its jobs. These changes are what lead to compulsive drug use, the hallmark of addiction. We arranged a seminar to discuss about it to the local un-employed youth and older people of Sandeshkhali area.
Pic 3: Participants at the Anti drug campaign
5.FREE COACHING CENTRE- We are teaching 60 no’s of poor meritorious students of Basirhat Sub-Division at our coaching centre at Basirhat so that they can make good result in school and better guidance for education. The assessment of the students is taken by examination in every week. We have received the better response from the student’s side as well as guardian’s side.
Pic 4: Children at the coaching centre
6. HANDICRAFT DEVELOPMENT:-Indian handicrafts is an art of making crafts by hand in India is called Indian handicrafts, in ancient India people lived in colonies called tribal’s and they were used to make utility items for their daily need, that art of making the crafts called handicrafts, and the items called handicrafts goods. Then people started selling these products in the local markets “haat”. Time has been passed and people have become more developed and civilised in all aspects, those who were making handicraft products have started trading their makings by increasing demand and population. In Sandeskhali area we arranged a handicraft training programme to the poor women and girls
Pic 5: Handicraft stalls
7. WOMEN’S ENPOWERMENT: Social isolation, economic vulnerability, and lack of access to health care prevent healthy transitions from girlhood to womanhood, especially for vulnerable adolescent girls in developing countries. In Sandeshkhali areas, poor girls often are at high risk of gender-based violence, unintended pregnancy, and HIV. Many drop out of school, are unable to find employment, lack the ability to make independent decisions, and are not being reached by existing programs for young people. We arranged a programme to discuss about health and financial education and life skills during weekly girls group meetings led by young women from the community;
8. CULTURAL & SPORTS:-We have received a government Grant of amounting Rs.200000.00 (Two lakhs)only from sports and cultural department of Government of West Bengal for sports and cultural development .We arranged sports and cultural programme at RagunathPur , Tantra,Sandeshkhali under Basirhat Sub-Division.Local students and guardians participated the programme. And also distributed some sports materials like foot ball, cricket bat, and wicket e.t.c. among the poor young boys to inspire to play.
Pic 6: Participants at the Cultural and Sports events
9. WATER & AIR POLUTION AWARNESS PROGRAMME-The major problem in Sundarban is water problem .the drinking water of this area not too healthy to drink.All over the Sundarban area covered with saline water. This area is located at the eastern part of Sundarban deltaic area also the southernmost and eastern part of West Bengal. The latitudinal and longitudinal extension of this area is from 220 10’50”N to 220 10’50”N and 880 57’ to 890 4’30’’ E. This area is bound by different types of river. In the eastern side of the Hingalgaj block is dissected by the Kalindi River from Bangladesh. The Bay of Bengal and the Sundarban biosphere reserve is situated at the southern part of this block. The Raimangal River, Sandeshkhali block and Gosaba Block is located at the western side. The
Hasnabad block and the Katakhal River are situated at the northern part of this block. We arranged awarness programme about drinking water &air-polution at Bermajur and Basirhat.
10. PLANTATION PROGRAMME: - We took a plantation programme .We panted 500 pieces of saplings of Coconut, Guava, Banana e.t.c. in the both sides of the khalpar of Bermajur area ,and distributed the same among the poor villagers .
Pic7: Plantation drive in progress